The content of this website is the sole property of the Portuguese Society for Neuroscience (SPN), and all intellectual property rights existing in this site (including but not exclusively any copyright and design rights) belong exclusively to SPN.
The statement of copyright ownership must remain on all reproductions of material downloaded from this site. The website and the FENS Regional Meeting 2023 (FRM2023) logo device are the sole property of SPN.
Any information acquired by SPN through your use of this website will be processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).(1)
Data Protection Notice
SPN is responsible for how your personal data (2) is stored and processed and for what purposes. Federation of European Neuroscience Societies (FENS) member societies (including SPN) are responsible for the data they gather from their members and personal data is shared with SPN only after their members have expressed consent.
What data & how it is collected
In order to provide you with access to the FENS Regional Meeting 2023 (FRM2023) and its associated events, we require certain personal details about you. This may include your name, postal address, gender, telephone number, email address and your national / single discipline society membership number.
We collect information in the following ways:
- Via online forms;
When you register to the FRM 2023;
- When you take part in surveys or questionnaires;
- When you apply to take part in outreach events or any other activities related to FRM2023;
- When you sign up to receive our Alerts or Newsletter;
- When you subscribe to any app related to FRM2023.
Why your personal data is processed
SPN collects and processes your personal data for the following purposes:
- To administer membership records;
- To provide member benefits and services;
- To answer your enquiries;
- To keep you updated on relevant activities and news;
- To carry out the administration related to your attendance of FRM2023 and associated events;
- To administer stipend applications;
- To process your scientific participation applications.
With whom your data is shared
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will be shared only as set out in this section.
- We use trusted third-party providers to support our management of your data and to contact you for the purposes outlined in the previous section. We have verified that all of these third parties act in compliance with the GDPR and ensure that we only share the data necessary for the task.
- Your personal data may be shared with members of the SPN staff and committee members, or any other person involved in FRM2023 organisation, in order to meet our commitments to set up and run FRM2023 and its associated events.
How long do we keep your personal data for
Our data management policy(3) sets out the period of time we keep your data. Your data will be kept by SPN and FENS for a period of up to four years after FRM2023.
If you have any questions about FRM2023 data management policy or wish to be removed from the database, you can contact the email@example.com at any time.
Your legal rights
Your privacy is very important to us, which is why we make sure you are always in control of what we do with your personal information.
SPN and FENS comply with the obligations under GDPR by:
- Keeping your personal data up to date and correcting inaccuracies as requested;
- Storing and destroying it securely;
- Protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure;
- Ensuring that appropriate technical and organisational measures are in place to protect personal data.
Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- The right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you by email (firstname.lastname@example.org; ‘subject access request’);
- The ability to change any details we hold about you if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date (‘the right to rectification’);
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for FRM2023 to retain such data (‘the right to be forgotten’);
- If the processing in question is based on consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time;
- The right to request that SPN, where possible, transmits your data directly to another data controller (‘the right to data portability’);
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request that a restriction is placed on further processing;
- Where processing is based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing of personal data.
Photography and filming
Photography, audio and video recordings may be produced during FRM2023 or its affiliated activities and may be used to generate online and printed news, promotional materials and publications .
Persons participating in FRM2023 or its affiliated activities who do not wish for their image or recording to be used for any of the aforementioned purposes should inform the FRM2023 organizing committee (email@example.com).
SPN or staff involved in the organization of FRM2023 will always request permission from speakers participating in FRM2023 or any associated activity before recording presentations by video for any of the purposes listed above. Pictures will be taken and shared online only with the speakers’ permission.
To exercise all relevant rights, queries or complaints, please contact SPN (firstname.lastname@example.org) or the FRM2023 organizing committee (email@example.com)
(1) Regulation (EU) 2016/679 – on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data.
(2) Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data.
(3) Following the data retention period, minimal identifying information (name, ORCID ID, date of participation) will be stored in a centralised internal reference document accessible only to the FENS and SPN administrations for the purpose of processing future activities.